The Clydon Empire is one of the most aggressive major empire on the Far Side.
Clydons are a humanoid race, separated into a number of distinct subspecies, known as broods. All clydons are bald, with dark orangish skin. Each brood serves a distinct function in Clydon society. Several broods are of very low caste and do not have Citizen status; some are only marginally intelligent. Some of the most well-known broods are:
- Blood Clydons: the common warrior caste. They are brutal, with sharp teeth and no external nose. They have the ability to transform into a more bestial form with a dragon-like head.
- Drone Clydons: the laborer caste. They are twice as tall as most clydons, but less intelligent than most.
- Imperial Clydons: Administrators and rulers. They appear almost human.
Some Clydon ships are capable of carrying warcraft. Warcraft are similar to fighters, but larger and more potent. The Clydon warcraft fulfill a variety of specialized roles. Those ships which carry the warcraft can use them to augment the parent ship's own capabilities. Clydon ships use Neutronium Torpedoes as their heavy weapon.
- Hologram Projectors - capable of creating images of other ships
- Deflection Transfer Device - reflects some damage to other targets
- Energy Armor - composite defense system that absorbs damage