A constructed creature is one that has been constructed, and is powered by magic. Constructed creatures do not typically need food or sleep, and are obviously artificial. They generally do not have any biological processes, though some may mimic biological behaviors.
Constructed creatures generally fall into one of several categories:
- Android: a race of artificial creatures, powered by technology, which resemble humans
- Automaton: Essentially a magical version of an unintelligent robot, automatons are mindless constructed creatures. They can be fashioned in a variety of shapes. Automatons have no interpretive ability, so they follow their instructions to the letter.
- Colossus: Some of the largest constructs, colossi are enormous, typically humanoid in shape.
- Golem: a humanoid construct, usually large, powered by a bound spirit, elemental, or similar creature. They tend to be both physically and magically tough.
- Juggernaut: A huge magical war machine which essentially smashes into its opposition, or enemy fortifications.
- Robeast: a robotic creature designed in the shape of an animal, powered by technology or magi-tech.
- Robot: a humanoid-shaped artificial being constructed with technology (and optionally powered by a magical engine)
- Scarecrow: a hastily-made construct, generally out of domestic parts found around rural houses
- Soldier Construct: magically animated soldiers, typically created in groups.
Creatures which are artificially created, but have biological processes, are Synthetic, not Constructed.